|phone||(503) 766-3042 (Local)|
(877) 246-1340 (Toll Free)
Brook D. Wood is licensed to practice law in Oregon. Already a law clerk with David W. Owens, P.C. & Associates while in law school, Brook joined the ranks of the firm’s attorneys after being admitted to the bar in October of 2009, and became a shareholder in January of 2011.
Brook graduated from the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona, in 2002 with a Bachelor’s of Science in Ecology & Evolutionary Biology. He received his Juris Doctor from the Lewis and Clark Law School here in Portland, having never visited the state of Oregon before deciding to attend there.
Brook’s practice focuses on civil litigation and motions practice, contract drafting, review, and enforcement, and estate planning, probate, and administration. His practice has primarily been in the State Circuit Courts for the counties of Clackamas and Multnomah, and he is admitted to practice in the Federal District Court for the District of Oregon. Whatever the issue, Brook is committed to providing his clients with the knowledge, skill, and communication necessary to bring satisfactory resolution to their complex and trying problems.
Brook brings a broad perspective to the practice of law, having come to the law as a second career. Prior to enrolling in law school, Brook worked in an entomology laboratory at the University of Arizona, collecting data on hereditary resistance development in pests of transgenic cotton and co-authoring several publications on the subject. His background in the sciences has helped him develop the analytical skills necessary to evaluate fact patterns and wade through complex statutory language. Brook’s wide interests have also influenced his development as an attorney and as a person. He has served on the boards of directors of charity organizations supporting the arts and the environment and has been involved with groups like the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the United Way, and Habitat for Humanity.
Away from the law, Brook enjoys sports and exploring all that Oregon and the Pacific Northwest has to offer with his wife and their dogs.
- Lewis and Clark College Northwestern School of Law, Portland, Oregon,
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona,
Major: Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
- Representative Cases:
- Civil litigation – Dismissal with prejudice of $500,000.00 claim against Client., B.D. v. F.L.D.
- Civil litigation – Breach of contract; Judgment in client’s favor – $24,500.00., O.E. v. R.C. & S.C.
- Civil litigation – Breach of contract; Settlement in client’s favor – $10,200.00., O.E. v. C.S.
- Civil litigation – Breach of contract; Settlement in client’s favor – $5,000.00., T.H. v. C.P.
- Estate probate – $450,000.00 estate., Estate of J.J.R.
- Estate probate – $295,000.00 estate., Estate of G.J.
- Judgment debt settlement – Client paid $4,000.00 on $8,400.00 judgment., K.A.L. v. J.M.L.
- Brook has also contributed to many of the firm’s other cases by providing important motion practice that has resulted in, for example, the dismissal of claims against clients and the exclusion of evidence opposing parties have sought to introduce at trial or hearing.
- Past Employment Positions:
- David W. Owens, P.C. & Associates, Portland, Oregon, Law Clerk, 2008 - 2009