|phone||(503) 766-3042 (Local)|
(877) 246-1340 (Toll Free)
Jodie M. Sneller was born in Chicago, Illinois, and has lived in many places throughout the continental United States. She graduated from the University of Oregon with a degree in English Literature. Jodie attended law school in Detroit, Michigan. While in law school she attended evening classes and clerked for the Honorable James M. Alexander, Oakland County, Michigan, Sixth Circuit Court and eventually worked at The Findling Law Firm where she was made head law clerk after four months of employment with the firm. Jodie M. Sneller joined David W. Owens, P.C. & Associates in June of 2008 and became a shareholder in January 2011.
Jodie's areas of practice include Domestic Relations and Social Security Disability. Jodie has helped her clients gain custody of their children, create fair parenting time plans, and resolve friendly and not-so-friendly divorces. She has handled numerous trials and hearings for her clients. Jodie has prepared premarital agreements to protect her clients’ assets and made sure that they were enforced. She has also handled Social Security Disability hearings and established benefits for clients.
Jodie understands that it is not just a case she is handling, but that each client is a real person who is affected by the legal work she does. She seeks to hear her clients and work towards their goals while weighing all options before recommending a course of action.
In her free time, Jodie enjoys spending time with her family and dogs, reading, and exploring the Northwest.
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, Michigan,
- University of Oregon,, Eugene, Oregon,
Major: English Literature
- Representative Cases:
- Alleged child abuse - DHS complaint unfounded, DHS v. D. H.
- Domestic relations - Same-sex partner who consents to artificial insemination has parental rights equal to husband who consents to wife's artificial insemination. Established precedent for future proceedings in Oregon and other states, S.S. v. S.K
- Custody / Parenting time - Gained custody for Father. , L.M. v. M.L
- Custody / Parenting time - Gained custody for Father., G.C. v. J.L.
- Divorce - Gained custody and spousal support for Mother., P.R. v. T.R.
- Divorce - Generous distribution to Wife., P.D. v. R.D.
- Divorce - Generous distribution to Wife., J.P. v. G.M.
- Domestic relations - Same-sex domestic partnership agreement prior to change in Oregon law providing for registration of same-sex domestic partnerships., T.W.
- Pre-marital agreement - Assets in excess of $1,000,000.00., A.J.
- Social Security - Established back-benefits to Client of $45,000.00. , SSD and G.D.
- Social Security - Established three years' back-benefits to Client., SSD and A.H.
- Social Security - Established benefits to Client., SSD and F.C.
- Past Employment Positions:
- Malagon, Moore & Jensen (Eugene, OR), Associate, 2007 - 2008
- The Findling Law Firm (Royal Oak, MI), Head Law Clerk, 2005 - 2006
- Honorable James M. Alexander, Oakland County, Michigan, Sixth Circuit Court, Family Law Division (Pontiac, MI), Judicial Clerk, 2004 - 2005