Portland Wage and Hour Claims Lawyer
Labor laws can be confusing. However, one thing is certain — employees are entitled to compensation they have earned. If you have concerns regarding unpaid wages or an employer's violation of wage and hour laws, talk to an experienced attorney at the Portland law firm of Owens, Sneller, Pinzelik & Wood, P.C.. We can answer your questions, explain your rights, and inform you of your options for moving forward toward a legal solution.
Oregon Wage and Hour Claims
Under Oregon wage and hour laws, if your employer violates wage and hour laws — either by failing to pay wages when they are due, or by failing to pay the full wages you are entitled — your employer may be ordered to compensate you for back wages and attorney's fees. Your employer may also be required to pay a penalty for extreme violations.
Our Portland attorneys are experienced in handling wage and hour claims involving:
- Failure to provide final payment (including earned wages, earned vacation time, and other earned benefits) to terminated employees
- Failure to provide required meal and rest breaks (or requiring an employee to work "off the clock" during these rest periods)
- Failure to compensate for time an employee was required to work before or after normal working hours (by requiring the employee to work "off the clock")
- Failure to pay minimum wage
- Other violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other labor laws
Misclassified Employees May Be Entitled to Overtime Wages
One method some employers use to avoid paying overtime wages is to classify an employee as an exempt employee (salaried employee) rather than a nonexempt employee (hourly employee). One way to achieve this is by misclassifying the employee as a supervisor or manager. If you have been improperly classified as a supervisor, but feel you perform the same duties as your nonexempt colleagues, you may be entitled to compensation for the denied overtime compensation.
Contact Owens, Sneller, Pinzelik & Wood, P.C.
Our law firm is equipped to represent employees or employers in employment law disputes arising from wage and hour disputes. To schedule a free and confidential consultation to discuss your wage and hour claim with an experienced Portland lawyer, please call us at 503.766.3042, or contact us