John Andrew Pinzelik
John Pinzelik was born and raised in West Lafayette, Indiana. After graduating from high school, he moved to California to pursue a career in the music business. John moved to Portland in 1998 and attended law school in the evening while working for various record companies. John joined David W. Owens, P.C. in the spring of 2009 and became a shareholder in the firm in January 2011.
John’s law practice focuses on personal injury and business litigation, wage claims and bankruptcy law. John has helped his clients recover hundreds of thousands of dollars from negligent drivers and property owners. He has prosecuted and defended small businesses in arbitration and state court. John has helped employees recover thousands of dollars in unpaid and penalty wages, and has helped hundreds of clients obtain a financial “fresh start” through the bankruptcy process.
John strives to give every client the attention they deserve and to explain the legal process in way that clients can understand. John believes that it is crucial to understand his client’s needs and to carefully weigh all options before recommending a course of action.
John is a member of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association. He volunteers with Legal Aid Services of Oregon’s Pro Bono Bankruptcy Clinic and is a board member of the Montavilla East Tabor Business Association. He spends his free time biking, running, and playing drums and volleyball.
- Oregon, 2005
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 2009
- Washington, 2015
- Lewis and Clark College Northwestern School of Law, Portland, Oregon
- J.D. – 2005
- California State University Northridge, California
- B.A. – 1991
- Major: Music
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Oregon State Bar, Debtor-Creditor Section
- LegalShield Referral Attorney
- Teamsters Panel Attorney
- Montavilla East Tabor Business Association, Board
Past Employment Positions
- Underwood & Norwood, Associate, 2007 – 2009
- Honorable Janice R. Wilson, Judicial Clerk, 2006 – 2007
Pro Bono & Charitable Activities
- Volunteer, Legal Aid Services of Oregon Pro Bono Bankruptcy Clinic